Re: Help debug : DNS failed when recover from suspend

Baptiste, on 2019-09-18:
> So with you help here my current check list :
> -> Maybe a bug in the resolv.conf file access just after the suspend
> recover. I need to find who is accessing the file and when. And why
> this prevent DNS resolution working.
>
> -> Maybe a bug in the systemd configuration files that awake service
> in wrong order ? ( I will do soon a not related bug report to Debian,
> puppet.service does not contain any "After=" line )
>
> -> Maybe a bug in network-manager when the host receive a response
> from the dhcp server. As the ip can change maybe this make DNS failed.
> But NACK is not often sent. So it can't explain the problem
> completely. The problem appear even if the IP does not change.
>
> If someone have an idea !

I don't know what to add, sounds like a plan…  On my side, I
never managed to get the proper resolv.conf setup out of
NetworkManager alone (in situations where I didn't have access
to the DHCP server configuration), so would look here first; but
it may be just me, never having been able to figure out how to
use properly that program.

Kind Regards,  :)
--
Étienne Mollier <etienne.mollier@mailoo.org>
Fingerprint:  5ab1 4edf 63bb ccff 8b54  2fa9 59da 56fe fff3 882d