Re: Gimp crash on screenshot debian bullseye

On 9/18/19, Renato Gallo <renato@aster-lab.com> wrote:
> GIMP crash on taking a screenshot

Hey, Renato.. I myself tuned out as soon as I saw the word "Kali" the
other day. Didn't realize it was about GIMP.. so YEAH, ME, TOO! DEBIAN
Bullseye upgrade a couple days ago.

PS *VERY COOL* how they do what they do there. I think I took a
printscreen to share in places such as here at Debian-User as an
example for others to potentially pursue in their own projects.

Did you file a bug report? How they present that crash information
made it look SUPER easy to follow up by reaching out to them directly.

Me? I, ummmm.. purged mine before pursuing. I was going to try to
regress. Never got the whoosie-what's-it terminal command correct to
step back down to a functional package that I NEED DESPERATELY.

PPS I tripped over new apt-get skills in the process so I am SO NOT
complaining! :D

GIMP does make it look REALLY easy to help them out if you follow
their directions (in case anyone else encounters this). *VERY COOL,
VERY COGNITIVELY FRIENDLY FEATURE!!!* Surprised the doodah out of me
when it popped up because their product has ALWAYS worked flawlessly
for the almost 2 decades I've been playing in their sandbox.

> GNU Image Manipulation Program version 2.10.8
> git-describe: GIMP_2_10_6-294-ga967e8d2c2
> C compiler:
>     Using built-in specs.
>     COLLECT_GCC=gcc
>     COLLECT_LTO_WRAPPER=/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/9/lto-wrapper
>     OFFLOAD_TARGET_NAMES=nvptx-none:hsa
>     OFFLOAD_TARGET_DEFAULT=1

> < Rest snipped for brevity >

Cindy :)
--
Cindy-Sue Causey

* runs with.. a fabulous new grasp of WHY we use deb-src in
apt/apt-get sources *