Autocomplete and shortcuts slow in Terminal

hello,
I have recently fresh installed Buster on my laptop. I am noticing that
autocomplete (Tab) in my Terminal (Gnome Terminal) is a second slower
than usual. When I push the Tab key it takes a bit longer than usual,
usually it is hard to notice any delay between the stroke and the
autocomplete or response from the Terminal. Can anyone guide me in
finding out what is causing this?? Is some kind of data not being
cached correctly?
thank you,