Re: Installation suitability for Dell laptop

On 9/16/19 8:15 PM, Thanos Katsiolis wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am a new user of Debian and Linux in general. I am planning to install
> Debian on a Dell laptop, Inspiron 5570 in particular.
>
> I have started reading the installation guide on Debian webpage which
> mentions many points to consider during the procedure. I would like to
> know if the laptop is appropriate for Debian and if there is something
> that I should pay attention to specifically. Of course, all tips are
> welcome.
>
> I have also checked the list of laptops that run linux:
>
> https://www.linux-laptop.net <https://www.linux-laptop.net/>
>
> and doesn't have this machine.

Hi Thanos,

I have no answers to your questions but you can try Debian Live images
on the laptop:

https://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/current-live/amd64/bt-hybrid/

If you have not bought the laptop and you are not going to play games on
it then I would recommend Intel CPU with integrated video card. Drivers
for Intel hardware are fantastic.

HTH

Kind regards
Georgi