Re: update and upgrade file size problems

On 2019-09-14 at 13:26, Ryan Dean wrote:

> I have problems with update and upgrade with several packages since
> buster 10.1 new release on September 7th. Even with apt-get upgrade
> --fix-missing, still does not work It always says File has unexpected
> size (3108672 != 3134284). Below is the logs, any ideas how to solve
> it?

For what it's worth, that .deb file exists in my system's APT package
cache with size 3108672, and I've never seen this error.

Does that file exist in the cache on your system? If so, what size is it?

You can check with:

ls -l /var/cache/apt/archives/gdb_8.2.1-2+b1_amd64.deb

If it doesn't exist, my initial guess is that the APT archive mirror
which deb.debian.org is currently pointing you at has a corrupt copy of
that file. You could try using a different mirror in your sources.list;
mine is configured with ftp.us.debian.org, and as I said, I didn't have
this problem.

--
   The Wanderer