Re: Buster installer sets fs_passno 1 for /boot/efi in /etc/fstab

On 2019-09-14, Nicholas A Fleisher <fleishen@uwm.edu> wrote:

> In the /etc/fstab written by the installer, the sixth field of the
> /boot/efi line has the value "1". My understanding is that only
> the root
> partition should have this value (and it does in this case; the
> installer wrote two lines in /etc/fstab where the sixth field has
> the
> value "1").

https://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/systemd-fstab-generator.html

 The passno field is treated like a simple boolean, and the ordering information
 is discarded. However, if the root file system is checked, it is checked before
 all the other file systems.

So apparently it's indifferent whether the fstab sixth field contains a 1 or a
2 in the world of systemd.

--
Thug: This is a stickup! Now come on. Your money or your life.
[long pause]