Re: logwatch at midnight?

On Mon, 09 Sep 2019 10:01:56 +0100
Sharon Kimble <boudiccas@skimble.plus.com> wrote:

> How can I configure logwatch to only fire off at midnight, instead of
> its current 0738, please?

Kudzuesque systemd appears to be taking over everything....

I want logwatch and other things to run at 04:30 or so, so here's what
I do as I install/upgrade to Debian 10 (buster):

* cp -rp /lib/systemd/system/anacron.timer /etc/systemd/system

* edit the "OnCalendar" line of /etc/systemd/system/anacron.timer to
  suit:

  sed -i.old -e's/07/04/' /etc/systemd/system/anacron.timer

* run "systemctl daemon-reload" to force reloading everything.

I expect you can adapt the sed edit to your own situation.

As Dan Ritter <dsr@randomstring.org> noted, this will affect every
anacron daily job. That's fine by me, you may prefer his other solution.

--
"When we talk of civilization, we are too apt to limit the meaning of
the word to its mere embellishments, such as arts and sciences; but