Re: What drivers do I need for a Nvidia geforce GTX 1660 Ti to work?

Hi,

Did you try to install "nvidia-driver"?

I run nvidia drivers successfully with GTX 1050ti (on SID) as follows:

When you install the driver test if the nvidia modules were build by
"lsmod" or "modprobe nvidia". If the module is missing "dpkg-reconfigure
nvidia-kernel-dkms".

You should also check that novea is blacklisted.

/etc/modprobe.d/nvidia-blacklists-nouveau.conf ->
/etc/alternatives/glx--nvidia-blacklists-nouveau.conf

# cat /etc/alternatives/glx--nvidia-blacklists-nouveau.conf
# You need to run "update-initramfs -u" after editing this file.

# see #580894
blacklist nouveau

To use only the nvidia graphics create this xorg.conf.

# cat /etc/X11/xorg.conf
Section "Module"
    Load "modesetting"
EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier "nvidia"
    Driver "nvidia"
    BusID "PCI:01:00:00"
    Option "AllowEmptyInitialConfiguration"
EndSection

You might also change the following file if you use SDDM.

/usr/share/sddm/scripts

#!/bin/sh
# Xsetup - run as root before the login dialog appears
xrandr --setprovideroutputsource modesetting NVIDIA-0
xrandr --auto

Jiri