Re: Suspicious post [was: Problème d'installation]

On 9/3/19 1:55 PM, Reco wrote:
	Hi.

On Tue, Sep 03, 2019 at 09:18:43AM +0200, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
On Mon, Sep 02, 2019 at 11:50:12PM +0200, Siard wrote:

[...]

Suspicious post, nevertheless.  Strange e-mail address, strange name,
and... the .tar.xz file appears to contain an executable??

Yikes. You're right:

   cv2019s: ELF 64-bit LSB shared object, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV) [...]

So kids, don't double-click on that (unless your architecture is
different from x86-64 and you haven't installed binfmt-support,
that is ;-)

I haven't put much time into it, but running "strings" on it suggests
that it's trying to do strange stuff:

This picked my interest, so I ran a decompiler on a thing.
Seems harmless enough - it downloads Debian libc.deb, prints OK and
tries to install it via dpkg.

Reco

Where does it download libc from? You said Debian, but, does that mean from an official site?

Tom Dean