Re: Pulse error using module-loopback

<https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/capture-single-pulseaudio-stream.35170/>,
> but the "pactl load-module module-loopback" step fails with the error
> "Failure: Module initialization failed".  I have been unable to find any
> reports of this error elsewhere, and I don't know how to get Pulse to
> give more verbose output.  Can anyone more familiar with Pulse hackery
> offer any insight?

Which debian and pulse audio version are you on?

$ cat /etc/debian_version
9.9
$ pactl info
Server String: unix:/run/user/1000/pulse/native
Library Protocol Version: 32
Server Protocol Version: 32
Is Local: yes
Client Index: 55
Tile Size: 65472
User Name: xxxxxxx
Host Name: xxxxxxx
Server Name: pulseaudio
Server Version: 12.2
Default Sample Specification: s16le 2ch 44100Hz
Default Channel Map: front-left,front-right
Default Sink: alsa_output.pci-0000_00_1b.0.analog-stereo
Default Source:
alsa_input.usb-Philips_CE_Philips_SPC_1000NC_Webcam-02.analog-mono
Cookie: 8627:670a

I've been hacking it in the past to solve some bluetooth issues and I know
there were issues before especially with the loopback module. However in
12.2 most must have been solved. I use the 12.2 with stretch and I saw that
12.x is default in buster. I think it was 12.5.

I did now

$ pactl load-module module-loopback
29
$ pactl list | grep loop
        Name: module-loopback
        Driver: module-loopback.c
        Driver: module-loopback.c

so with 12.2 it works just fine. I recommend trying 12.2 on stretch or
buster.

regards