Re: Cannot boot after distro upgrade

Misko, on 2019-09-01:
> On 9/1/19 1:20 PM, Étienne Mollier wrote:
> >
> > Hi Miroslav,
> >
> > Pascal is probably right.  If you manage to have access to the
> > command "dumpe2fs" in your rescue environment, what is the
> > output of:
> >
> >     # dumpe2fs /dev/mapper/localhost-home | grep '^Filesystem
> >     features:'
> >
> > Actual Ext3 should probably not have more features than:
> >
> >     has_journal    ext_attr    resize_inode
> >     dir_index    filetype    sparse_super
> >     large_file
> >
> > If you have more, you most likely want to edit your /etc/fstab
> > entries to use ext4.  Out of curiosity, how are defined your /,
> > /usr and /var in fstab ?  It could be interesting for us to see
> > the differences, since you mention those are mounting
> > properly.
> >

> Hi Étienne,
>
> The output of the above command (version dumpe2fs 1.43.4
> 31-Jan-2017) is the same as yours, with *one addition*:
> inline_data

Good news, this is consistent with Reco's observation in the
other thread.  Follows his recommendations and see what happens.

> root@(none):/# nano /etc/fstab
> #
> proc    /proc    proc    defaults    0    0
> /dev/mapper/localhost-root    /   ext3    errors=remount-ro 0
> 1
> # /boot was on /dev/sda1 during installation
> UUID=......    /boot    ext2    defaults    0    2
> /dev/mapper/localhost-home    /home    ext3    defaults 0    2
> /dev/mapper/localhost-tmp    /tmp    ext3    defaults 0    2
> /dev/mapper/localhost-usr    /usr    ext3    defaults 0    2
> /dev/mapper/localhost-var    /var    ext3    defaults 0    2
> /dev/mapper/localhost-swap_1    none    swap    sw    0    0
> /dev/scd0    /media/cdrom0    udf,iso9660 user,noauto    0    0

I don't suppose these /, /usr and /var have this "inline_data"
flag in "dumpe2fs" output, do they?

Kind Regards,
--
Étienne Mollier <etienne.mollier@mailoo.org>
Fingerprint:  5ab1 4edf 63bb ccff 8b54  2fa9 59da 56fe fff3 882d