Re: Blu-ray discs

Hi,

Jiangsu Kumquat wrote:
> > I was wondering if there is any way to create a Blu-ray disc from within
> > Debian? I have a 1080p video camera [...]

Yes, BD media can be burnt on GNU/Linux.
But the bottleneck is with formatting the UDF filesystem that would
be needed for Blu-ray video. To my knowledge you need software made for
MS-Windows, which may or may not work with Wine, or for MacOS.

Only tangible report i know is that ImgBurn for MS-Windows works sometimes
in Wine.

Nektarios Katakis wrote:
> You could check out gnu xorriso https://www.gnu.org/software/xorriso/

It can burn the readily formatted UDF image to BD media.
But it cannot create the UDF image.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas