Re: udev being an ass

On 2019-08-27, Gene Heskett <gheskett@shentel.net> wrote:

>> In spite of posts about it in -user, you are just about clueless about
>> status of /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules, aren't you?
>>
> I can read them just fine. But when written in swahili, they aren't that
> easy to understand. But first, make them do as they should do.  And
> write them in English so they can be understood.

"Deprecated" in Squeeze, "officially unsupported" (wonderful Orwellian
techno-speak, I guess, but maybe within these parentheses one should
simply write 'sic') in Buster according to the release notes, although
"it may still work" (the specific circumstances under which it does is
left as an exercise for the reader), in Bullseye it appears that
'/etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules' won't even kind of sort of
maybe work in specifically unspecified cases (if I understood a recent
announcement here correctly).

Got it?

--
“We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.”
― Oscar Wilde, Lady Windermere's Fan