Re: udev being an ass

On Tue 27 Aug 2019 at 19:51:21 (-0400), Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Tuesday 27 August 2019 17:44:18 David Wright wrote:

> > > In spite of posts about it in -user, you are just about clueless
> > > about status of /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules, aren't
> > > you?
> > >
> > > As for wheezy - deary me; we are living in the past.
> >
> > Evidently, Gene never got round to writing the script mentioned in:
> > https://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2016/05/msg00707.html
> > which would have cleaned /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules
> > already.
>
> one must have a working network before any such script can be posted.
> next fictitious request?

I didn't ask you to post a script. Three years ago I suggested
you write one that would erase the contents of
/etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules and you replied:

    "Now thats a jolly good idea, so next time it has to start
    from scratch."

I guess you've forgotten that you had exactly the same problem
with the persistence of /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules
three years ago. If you'd implemented the script, you wouldn't have
had the same problem today.

Cheers,
David.