Re: xorriso: Feature Discussion re ECC / Parity, plus notes on -add ./ and -check_md5_r and zisofs 4g limit

Hi,

sorry i sent this person-to-person software discussion mail here by mistake.
Just wanted to state that everybody should ignore it. But well.

So if anybody has two cents about libraries for RAR, PAR2, or alike,
i'd like to read.

For now:

Richard Owlett wrote:
> How are you using terms archive/archiver/archiving?

Like "Suitable for sincere backup purposes".

> When I see "Xorriso" I think exclusively in terms of loading an Operating
> System.

xorriso packs up most bootable ISOs of Debian, indeed. Since genisoimage
is unmaintained since more than a decade, all novel features of ISO 9660
booting are provided by xorriso.

But the original reason for its existence is backup on optical media.

> What should I be reading?

  https://www.gnu.org/software/xorriso/

If you want to entangle yourself a bit before having new life-long weekly
tasks, this is what i use for bulk backups:
  http://scdbackup.sourceforge.net/main_eng.html

Have a nice day :)

Thomas