Re: /usr 100%

Am 25. Aug, 2019 schwätzte Hadi Motamedi so:

moin moin Hadi,

du -sh /usr/*

That will show you disk usage per directory in /usr/.

You can then investigate the directories using lots of space.

You might also verify you don't have a bunch of deleted files that haven't
yet been removed from the disk.

sudo lsof | grep dele

My experience with /usr filling up is that something is putting data in
there that shouldn't go there or that /usr isn't big enough to hold all
the library files. For the latter, see if there are unused packages you
can uninstall.

There shouldn't be any hidden files in /usr, but you might want to verify.

ls -la /usr/

ciao,

der.hans

Dear All
On my server , the "df -m" shows /usr as 100% occupied .
How can I find big size files on it to delete someone to free more space ?
Thank you

--
#  https://www.LuftHans.com   https://www.PhxLinux.org
#  "Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man