Re: why won't ff look at this url?

On 2019-08-24 at 21:16, John Hasler wrote:

> http://www.electoral-vote.com/ comes up fine here on Firefox 60.8.0.

Naturally enough.

> It wants to load script from itself, Twitter, and Addthis (I don't
> let it, of course).  It doesn't seem to want to set any cookies, but
> you might try clearing your cookies and cache anyway.

Searching Edit -> Preferences -> Privacy -> Show Cookies... for
'electoral' finds no results, so I don't think there's anything to
clear. I'm certainly not going to clear my cookies en masse just for
this, there's too much else that I probably want to keep that's stored
in them.

I might try clearing my cache at some point, but I think it's all
expired multiple times since this problem first manifested, anyway.

> Sometimes sites won't load because you have an old and/or corrupted
> cookie that they set.  This is a bug in their code, of course, but
> telling them so is useless.

True enough, but I think a false trail in this case.

--
   The Wanderer