[Fwd: Re: Buster on laptop cannot find Nokia 3 hotspot...]

--
Shahryar Afifi <shahryarafifi@yahoo.com>
--- Begin Message ---
On Wed, 2019-08-07 at 08:31 -0700, Shahryar Afifi wrote:
Eliminate the possibilities:
try to connect other phone's hot spot to your laptop.

I tried this with an ASUS tablet, an Alcatel 1 smartphone, and an unknown smartphone branded by Vodafone. The last two are Oreo, the first one is a rather old Android version, at most 6.

But they are all immediately seen by my Buster laptop, and the WI-FI connection works perfectly.

try using third party app on your phone to set up hot spot.

I tried many, but most of them are just useless shortcut. Anyway no one works. Can you suggest one?

try to connect nokia 3 to other buster ( or even windows to test)

I have not another Buster, but I have a Stretch laptop, which has no problem with my three Nokia 3 smartphone.

set up hot spot from your laptop and see if you can see it in nokia 3

I did it, and at least one of the Nokia 3 sees the SSID of the hotspot, but can't connect. The hotspot is created with WEP security, but the Nokia 3 says the connection has no security at all. This is wrong, but at least explains why the Nokia 3 can't connect to the Buster hotspot.

I even tried to create another connection on the Nokia 3, setting WEP as security and the right password, but I didn't succede. Maybe I made some mistake.

Sorry for the long delay... I had no connection for many days!

Best regards.