Re: dmesg confusions

On Friday 23 August 2019 13:49:51 Andrei POPESCU wrote:

> On Vi, 23 aug 19, 13:08:03, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > Greetings all;
> > running an iso from linuxcnc.org based on stretch. s/b all upto
> > date.
>
> [...]
>
> > Whose bug might this be, or is my cmos battery about to ~30~ on me?
>
> Can you reproduce this with a Debian kernel (e.g. from stretch or
> stretch-backports)?

one problem I can reproduce with the same kernel but w/o the rt in its
version number, is the intermittent losing of the wireless keyboard.
Shared by 2 different logitech boards, one with e merged, single dongle
folr both keyboard and mouse and one w/o the merge, needing 2 dongels.
The keyboard goes away, and you've 2 choices to recover.  Reboot from
the fp reset buttom, or pull and reinsert the dongle several times until
udev gets its stuff back in one sock.  And the mouse is weird, moves
normally, but no response from a button click. I this case from either
mouse.

Either method will get you from 1 to 7 days of service before its wash.
rinse and repeat again.

I would appreciate a tut on how to enable those repo's as this is running
on main & much of it had been flushed.

Thank you.

> Kind regards,
> Andrei