Re: Solution to "pathetic email complaints"

On 22/8/19 3:25 am, Henning Follmann wrote:
On Wed, Aug 21, 2019 at 07:43:26AM +1000, elvis wrote:
No need to. I have a single question - do you use SpamAssassin or Rspamd?

I installed postgrey, my spam went from maybe 10 a day (that were caught by spammassain) to maybe 1 or 2 a month.

postgrey has some severe issues.
Some services use these "verify by email" messages. And they use multiple
out MX hosts. Some of your users will notice that these verifications
will be delayed for hours sometimes days.
Since most spam is piped through legit MX hosts, it almost does nothing
to cut spam.

In 2014 I had 5385 spam messages go into my Spamassassain folder.

In 2019 I have had 5

lol yep obviously doesn't work and does nothing to cut spam, have you even tried it?

Yes it is annoying to have to wait 20 mins for the odd verification email, but I can always whitelist it if I am inpatient.

--
You're never alone on a project. There's you and the future-you trying to figure out what you did just now.