Re: Package selection for bugreport (suspend, BIOS option, Interrupt remapping)

On Thu, Aug 22, 2019, at 07:26, Johan Kröckel wrote:
> my system (Thinkstation c20) does not wake up from suspend to ram when "Interrupt remapping" is enabled in BIOS. Took me some time to find the problem and I wanted to report a bug. Towards which package should I report it?
> System is Buster.

Well, it is a BIOS+kernel issue.

This is a X58 or 5520 chipset system (tylesburg 36D) according to @lenovo.com.

Interrupt remapping is non-functional on these systems due to chipset errata (read: hardware defect). Do not enable it, unless you know for sure you have a fixed stepping of the chipset (note that I am not sure such a fixed stepping was ever released).

As for where to file a bug, well, the Linux kernel apparently is not force-disabling interrupt remapping on resume.  If it is doing so on boot, it is a kernel bug to not do so on resume...

That said, please make sure you have the latest version of the thinkstation c20 firmware (BIOS, etc).  It is a BIOS bug to even offer to enable interrupt remapping on a non-fixed version of the chipset in the first place.

--
 Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@debian.org>