Re: Display multiple virtual consoles on multiple displays

Franklin, Jason wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I'm working on a project that requires me to debug a running screen locker.
>
> Currently, my workflow involves switching between the screen locker and virtual
> console #1 (/dev/tty1) using Ctrl-Alt-F1 and Ctrl-Alt-F7.  This way, I can
> interact with the screen locker until I hit a break point.  I then return to
> the first virtual terminal and step through the code.
>
> This has been very helpful so far, but it's quite slow!
>
> I have multiple displays, so it seems natural that I'd want to use one display
> for the screen locker on F7, and one display for vim and gdb on F1.
>
> Is this possible?  Is it easy or difficult to achieve?

What you want is called multiseat configuration; it assumes that
the N monitors are independent, and need to have their own
keyboards and mice (though you can fake this with a KVM switch).

Most multiseat configs are X only.

There were two projects to make the VT system multiseat: kmscon
and systemd-consoled. Both are defunct, and probably won't work.

-dsr-