Re: Debian 10 (Buster) and Swappiness

On Jo, 22 aug 19, 09:21:31, Gustavo - Emar wrote:
> Hi,
> After upgrading from Debian Stretch to Buster (10), we realize that it is
> not managing memory as before.
> First, even with Swappiness = 0 and having 32 Ram, (16 Gb using) it starts
> using Swap

<joke>
If you don't want it using swap you should just disable it.
</joke>

> and the system is slow and crashing.

There's not much information here to even start looking for the root
casue. You might want to start telling us more about the system:

 * Is it identical hardware as used with stretch?
 * What is it used for
 * What init system (systemd, SysV, etc.)
 * How does a crash manifest (only specific software, the whole system,
  etc.)
 * Anything interesting in dmesg/logs/journal
 * etc.

Kind regards,
Andrei