Re: Assignment of Debian source package to binary packages

On Jo, 22 aug 19, 09:03:59, Knut Hengstenberg wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> for a project, I would like to have the relationship "Debian source
> package <-> Debian binary packages". So all the existing source
> packages can be found for each distribution here (for jessie):
>
> https://packages.debian.org/source/jessie/allpackages
>
> Now we want to have the information, which binary packages belong to a
> certain source package. So for example the source package 0ad has two
> binary packages:
>
> https://packages.debian.org/source/jessie/0ad
>
> My question is, is there a publicly available list, ideally in JSON or
> XML where I can get these information with 1 GET request?

You might be looking for Sources.gz (or .xz) available on all Debian
mirrors under debian/dists/<release>/<component>/source

Package: 0ad-data
Binary: 0ad-data, 0ad-data-common
Version: 0.0.23.1-1
Maintainer: Debian Games Team <pkg-games-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>
[...]

I believe the format is deb822
https://manpages.debian.org/buster/dpkg-dev/deb822.5.en.html

> Another question is, does the number of binary packages per source
> package stay the same for the whole time a distribution is supported?

In most cases adding or dropping a binary package is an invasive change
not suitable for a stable (security) update.

There could be exceptions...

Kind regards,
Andrei