Re: Segfault in different packages after recent automatic ffmpeg update

On 2019-08-20 16:38 +0700, Nikolay Turpitko wrote:

> Sorry to bother you. But is seems something is wrong after recent
> automatic update of ffmpeg package on Debian Buster on my laptop.
>
> I tried to fill the bug with reportbug, but it seems it haven't sent
> the mail.
>
> Packages that were upgraded:
> ffmpeg libavcodec58 libavdevice58 libavfilter7 libavformat58
> libavresample4 libavutil56 libpostproc55 libswresample3 libswscale5
>
> After that those programs began to fail with similar segfault error:
>
> ffmpeg
> mplayer
> cmus
> chromium
> telegram-desktop

Normally I would say that this might be due to an improperly backported
patch, but ffmpeg in buster-security is essentially the same version as
in bullseye/sid, and apparently nobody has reported segfaults in it.

Maybe one of the upgraded libraries is corrupt?  You can use
"dpkg --verify" to test their integrity.

Cheers,
       Sven