Re: Solution to "pathetic email complaints"

On Tue 20 Aug 2019 at 14:43:08 -0400, Henning Follmann wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 20, 2019 at 09:16:58PM +0300, Reco wrote:
> [...]
> > > I could go on.
> >
> > No need to. I have a single question - do you use SpamAssassin or Rspamd?
> >

> In most cases I use spamassassin.
> However my main defense line is spamhaus and spamcop.
> On spamcop I use also their service to submit complains. This is
> really nice, they will send a notification to the admin mailbox.
> And it often really works.
> with the two DNSBL I pretty much filter 90% of all spam.
> Spamassassin almost gets the rest and a few hit the actual mailboxes.
> With spamassassin it is very important for your users to understand
> the difference between unwanted mail a unsolicited mass spam when
> they submit for training the system.
>
> In some cases I block complete regions (geoip blocking). This
> obviously works only for "local" mailservers.
> But if you business doesn't have international clients, dropping
> ru, tw, hk, br lowers the traffic by 80%.

You are entitled to *receive* whatever mail you want. But geoip
blocking? This is the antithesis of communication. "I plug my
ears if the someone from Russia or Hong Kong wants to talk with
me". It's relatively easy to do; I hope you do not expect a pat
on the back.

--
Brian.