Re: duckduckgo

On Mon, 19 Aug 2019 10:23:44 +0200
<tomas@tuxteam.de> wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 18, 2019 at 06:26:20PM -0400, Celejar wrote:
> > On Sun, 18 Aug 2019 22:52:07 +0200
> > <tomas@tuxteam.de> wrote:

> >                            I certainly need to use numerous sites (bill
> > paying, banking, etc.) that require JS to function.
>
> There's no clear-cut, generally valid thing here. I've the luck to live
> in a country (Germany) where an open protocol for banking exists (HBCI),
> and a free software implementing that protocol. So, thanks $DEITY, I
> just can do my bank things from the command line. There are other things
> (tax decl), where I've to use my browser, with javascript. This browser
> runs in a separate user session, with another user ID.

Yes, I'm a bit jealous of you Europeans in this regard ;) But my issues
go well beyond banking: most sites that require login and so on don't
seem to function well if at all without JS, including those of medical
offices (downloading reports, etc.) and utilities (downloading bills,
other activities), and even many news and information sites won't work
without JS.
Celejar