Re: Configure apt-get to work through corp internet proxy

Are you able to download packages from the URL with wget?

If not, you're probably gonna want to talk to IT - sounds like the firewall is scanning or blocking the packages - the security should be able to be loosened for a mirror.

Other options would be DVDs or setting up a local mirror.

On Fri, Aug 16, 2019, 08:48 Henning Follmann <hfollmann@itcfollmann.com> wrote:
On Thu, Aug 15, 2019 at 08:03:49PM +0000, Wilkinson, Matthew wrote:
> Hello Debian users,
>
> I'm experimenting with Debian in an enterprise environment. We have a corp. Internet proxy which downloads and scans files prior to passing the files onto the client.
>
> With Debian this seems to be a problem for APT. I am able to run 'apt-get update' and that seems to work OK, however when I try to actually run 'apt-get upgrade' on Debian 10 it tries for a few seconds to download a patch for: 'linux-image-4.19.0-5-amd64', which is 47.6MB. It tries and gives up fairly quickly.
>
>        # apt-get upgrade
>        Reading package lists... Done
>        Building dependency tree
>        Reading state information... Done
>        Calculating upgrade... Done
>        The following packages will be upgraded:
>          linux-image-4.19.0-5-amd64
>        1 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
>        Need to get 47.6 MB of archives.
>        After this operation, 3,072 B disk space will be freed.
>        Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y
>        Get:1 http://cdn-fastly.deb.debian.org/debian-security buster/updates/main amd64 linux-image-4.19.0-5-amd64 amd64 4.19.37-5+deb10u2 [47.6 MB]
>        Err:1 http://cdn-fastly.deb.debian.org/debian-security buster/updates/main amd64 linux-image-4.19.0-5-amd64 amd64 4.19.37-5+deb10u2
>          Undetermined Error [IP: x.x.x.x]
> E: Failed to fetch http://cdn-fastly.deb.debian.org/debian-security/pool/updates/main/l/linux-signed-amd64/linux-image-4.19.0-5-amd64_4.19.37-5+deb10u2_amd64.deb  Undetermined Error [IP: x.x.x.x]
>        E: Unable to fetch some archives, maybe run apt-get update or try with --fix-missing?

Have you considered that the proxy blocks this package?

Does your company approve of this and did you talk to the administrator?

?

--
Henning Follmann           | hfollmann@itcfollmann.com