Re: Debian latency test

I do have Xenomai 2 with RTnet and Xenomai 3 without RTnet. I have tested "latency" on both to see how fast the Kernel can react to a request. In that context I do not want to measure how fast e.g. real-time udp frames will be. I just need to know how fast the Kernel could be.

Am Fr., 16. Aug. 2019 um 14:52 Uhr schrieb Henning Follmann <hfollmann@itcfollmann.com>:
On Fri, Aug 16, 2019 at 02:31:38PM +0200, danwe wrote:
> Hello,
>
> is there any program to test the intern latency of Debian? So I just need
> to know how much time the Linux Kernel needs to response to a request.
>
> Kind regards
>
> Daniel

This measurements will be meaningless unless you have a
real time enabled kernel. The kernel does not provide
predictable responsetimes without rt.

-H

--
Henning Follmann           | hfollmann@itcfollmann.com