Re: Re (2): Arrow annotation in GIMP.

On Wed 14 Aug 2019 at 08:51:55 (-0700), peter@easthope.ca wrote:
> BEGIN ANOTHER TEDIOUS ASIDE
> No References in the "header" of the Web page this replies to.
> Consequently I snagged the Messge-Id  (Message-id?) from the Web page
> for my original message.  Let's see how References comes out.  >8~|

You appear to have inserted the magnifying glass again, albeit in a
less destructive manner. The web page might put it between the <> to
indicate that the link will search for that reference, but you can't
reuse its display presentation like that in a posting without deleting
the eye candy.

> END ANOTHER TEDIOUS ASIDE

> I haven't found whether GIMP is Unicode capable. If &#2199; is typed
> at the insertion point for the Text tool, can the lower-left pointing
> arrow be displayed.  Hasn't succeeded here yet.

Of all the ways of notating Unicode, you've assumed that Gimp will
honour HTML's, and there's no reason why it should. Simply typing
unicode text gimp
into google will give you a different answer (which I haven't checked).

Cheers,
David.