lxc-cgroup -n 11 cpuacct.stat is empty in buster

Hello,

I just updated a jessie system to buster. Kudos to the packagers of
lxc, the upgrade script worked and the containers work like a charm.

However, I have an issue with some lxc munin plugins I use. Namely
they don't show anything.

It reduces to the following problem:

   lxc-cgroup -n 11 cpuacct.stat
   (and also lxc-cgroup -n 11 cpu.stat)

is now empty (the same is valid for other cgroup stuff).

before, it would output something like:

   user 9650090
   system 1645066

I found this reported here: https://github.com/lxc/lxc/issues/2742
and here: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=929926
however, this is supposedly fixed in 1:3.1.0+really3.0.3-8 which
is what is installed on my system.

So, maybe it's a config option I missed ?

lxc-checkconfig says:
   Kernel configuration found at /boot/config-4.19.0-5-amd64