How free is Debian

With respect to all the contributors, developers, hobbyist and users,
who made GNU/Linux and Debian and all other distributions possible,
here lies a humble, ignorance and yet curious question.

Are all binaries in the kernel code were writing from scratch? Are
there any binary blobs in the kernel that it was given to developers?
If amd64 license is not free, how is it that we have amd64 microcode in
the debian free? and if they are not the same, are we using the full
potential of our hardware?

I apologize in advance for my ignorance.
Thank you.