Re: mount weirdness

On 7/08/19 5:31 AM, Dennis Wicks wrote:
> rhkramer@gmail.com wrote on 8/6/19 10:34 AM:
>> I didn't fully understand your fstab, but is there a typo -- wa11 vs.
>> wa1?
> No. My current config is;
>
>    /wa1 -> wa11 ( soft link )
>    /wa11        ( <- /dev/sdb2 )
>
> with sdb2 mounted on /wa11 so I don't have to find and change all the
> paths that I have starting with "/wa1/..."!

So you're trying to mount on a symlink, instead of a directory? I don't
think that's going to work. Why not mount on /wa11, as you describe?

Or does /wa11 only exist because you can't mount on /wa1, and you were
trying to mount on /wa1 when /wa1 was a directory? In which case - it
would help to provide the requested files in the state where the problem
exists :-)

(also, one vs ell is confusing ... I assume you've got the right el^Wone :-)

Cheers,

Richard