Re: Wireless home LAN - WiFi vs Bluetooth?

On 2019-07-30 13:30, Matthew Crews wrote:
On 7/29/19 12:57 PM, David Wright wrote:
On Mon 29 Jul 2019 at 20:43:04 (+0100), Joe wrote:
On Mon, 29 Jul 2019 10:26:14 -0500 John Hasler <jhasler@newsguy.com> wrote:

They don't have to be on the same branch circuit: just on the same
"phase"[1].  There is probably a gadget available that bridges the
signal between phases.

[1] They aren't really phases but everyone calls them that.

They are in my country. 3-phase, 240V RMS each phase to neutral, 415V
RMS between phases.

Irrelevant in a domestic setting: it's illegal to have more than one
phase in an ordinary house. Houses will have one phase each, so you'll
share your phase with various neighbours scattered along the street.

How do you figure? In the US most 240V outlets are 3 phase, and they are
relatively common. You need them for most ovens, washing machines, and
electric cars.

I don't really understand how 3 phase motors work. Is normally wanted if you have some heavy equipment like a car crusher. As I understand each cable has 130 or something volts where the AC is 120 degrees out of sinc so putting a resistance between one of the cables and earth would give you just that ~130 volts. Somehow a 3 phase motor must get the feeds back in sinc so you get the 415 Volts.

mick

--
Key ID    4BFEBB31