Re: Wireless home LAN - WiFi vs Bluetooth?

On Monday, July 29, 2019 09:34:25 AM Dan Ritter wrote:
> john doe wrote:
> > What about Powerline (PLC), any better then Wireless with regard to
> > security?
>
> All the useful Powerline devices are either connected to your
> hosts via WiFi or ethernet, so that leaves them out.
>
> In a single-family house, Powerline is about as secure as wired
> ethernet: you need to come in and plug something in to spy on
> it.

I wouldn't be too sure about that.  I live in a suburban area with single
family homes on 1/3 to 1/2 acre lots.  My across-the-street neighbor had
children around the same time we did, and our baby monitors interacted -- we
could hear their's, the could here our's.  (Actually, we lived on opposite
sides of a cul-de-sac circle, so probably 150' from their front door to our
front door.)

The electrical feed for the entire street (10 homes, maybe a few more around
the corner) are fed from the same transformer.