Re: Wireless home LAN - WiFi vs Bluetooth?

On Mon 29 Jul 2019 at 21:02:45 (+0100), Joe wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Jul 2019 14:57:38 -0500 David Wright <deblis@lionunicorn.co.uk> wrote:

> > > They are in my country. 3-phase, 240V RMS each phase to neutral,
> > > 415V RMS between phases.
> >
> > Irrelevant in a domestic setting: it's illegal to have more than one
> > phase in an ordinary house. Houses will have one phase each, so you'll
> > share your phase with various neighbours scattered along the street.
>
> Which was the point. The nearest house on the same phase is likely to
> be a significant distance away, and less likely to have a useable level
> of RF from my power-line gadget. But I only use it occasionally.

Sorry, I thought you were implying that people might be affected by
having different phases in different rooms.

But you could be next door to someone on the same phase. I don't think
they rigidly assign 1,2,3,1,2,3 in order. In fact they can't because
of the UK fashion for squeezing just one more house into any little
gap between two others. Plus there are neighbours across the street.
But that's a security issue rather than an intra-house networking one.

Cheers,
David.