Re: updmap-user: command not found

On Mon, Jul 29, 2019 at 08:25:42PM +0100, Rodolfo Medina wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> On my Debian Stretch box, the `updmap-user' command is declared `not found'
> although the package texlive-base is installed.  Why?
>
> Please help.

Those are the similar commands I see:

  tomas@trotzki:~$ man -k updmap
  update-updmap (8)    - generate
  updmap (1)           - manage TeX font maps, per-user
  updmap-sys (1)       - manage TeX font maps, system-wide
  updmap.cfg (5)       - configuration of font mapping/inclusion for dvips and friends.

(this is an oldstable Debian).

Perhaps the thing you're looking for is simply spelt "updmap"?

Cheers
-- t