Re: Wireless home LAN - WiFi vs Bluetooth?

Richard Owlett wrote:
> On 07/29/2019 05:57 AM, Reco wrote:
> >
> > In short, nothing beats Ethernet in your typical household for
> > conventional computing needs.
>
> Who said anything about *typical*? <grin> *ROFL*
> I had considered Ethernet over a year ago. Went so far as to purchase an
> 8-port switch. Then realized there was not space on my work surface for the
> cables.

Cables come in a variety of lengths, you know. If everything is
within six feet, there's no reason not to buy cables in their
standard sizes of 1, 3, 6, 7, and 10 feet as necessary.

They're cheap.

They're very secure, especially compared to anything
broadcasting in radio land.

> This morning I did a search with slightly different terms. Down about three
> layers in from a fresh hit I found a reasonable description of how my goal
> system might work.
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_area_network says in part:

These operate at extremely low speed and are generally a
terrible choice.

However, you have a history of trying to avoid the good
decisions that people steer you towards, so I encourage you to
give Bluetooth a miss entirely and go for an infrared LAN with
a ceiling reflector.