Re: Slab Unreclaimable is continually growing

On Fri, Jul 26, 2019 at 10:12:20PM +0300, Reco wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 26, 2019 at 08:55:19PM +0200, Matthias Böttcher wrote:

[...]

> > and additionally I stopped the socket for the Check_MK agent:
> >
> >     sudo systemctl stop check_mk.socket
>
> I do not know this one. What's its purpose? Monitoring, backup,
> something else? Is there a source available.

Checkmk, formerly Check_MK, is a monitoring software[1].
I am using the Checkmk Raw Edition (CRE) open-source.
Per default it gets data from an agent on a host with connect to 6556/tcp
every 60 seconds. All counters are fetched in one connect,
nothing is sent to the host. The agent for Linux is one big bash script[2].

The deb with the agent brings systemd integration:

$ cat "/etc/systemd/system/check_mk@.service"

# systemd service definition file
[Unit]
Description=Check_MK

[Service]
ExecStart=/usr/bin/check_mk_agent
KillMode=process

User=root
Group=root

StandardInput=socket

$ cat /etc/systemd/system/check_mk.socket

# systemd socket definition file
[Unit]
Description=Check_MK Agent Socket

[Socket]
ListenStream=6556
Accept=true

[Install]
WantedBy=sockets.target

With check_mk.socket started, SUnreclaim and vm_area_struct are growing
endlessly. So I will investigate the checkmk agent.

> Reco

Reco, Thank you for your explanations and bumping me in the right direction.

Matthias

[1] https://checkmk.com/
[2] https://github.com/tribe29/checkmk/blob/master/agents/check_mk_agent.linux