Re: A followup on github discussion

On Fri, Jul 26, 2019 at 02:57:38PM +0200, Nicolas George wrote:
> Reco (12019-07-26):
> > Today it was brought to my attention that GitHub has restricted access
> > to users who live in countries that have US sanctions applied - [1].
>
> You mean that GitHub respects the laws of the country where it operates?
> How shocking!

To be fair, Reco's point still holds. Perhaps Github runs counter the
free software principles because of US export restrictions, but the
end result is the same.

Reco didn't say "Microsoft is evil", just "better not host free software
on Github if you care about free", and well, I do see his point.

No need to rush "in defense" of Microsoft.

Cheers
-- t