column - how to get it updated?

Hi,

Debian currently uses the `column` command from FreeBSD. However, the
`column` command included in the util-linux package from the Linux
Kernel Organisation is much more useful.

There is a bug report about this at
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=908975, which ends
with the Debian util-linux package maintainer stating:

"Until you've convinced the bsdmainutils maintainers we should change
to the util-linux versions, there's nothing that can be done on the
util-linux/bsdutils side - thus the wontfix tag."

How can we persuade the Debian bsdmainutils package maintainers to
allow the Linux version of column to be shipped?

Cheers,

Andrew

--
Andrew Punnett <andrew.punnett@gmail.com>