Re: HTTP shimmed to HTTPS

On Monday 22 July 2019 12:43:43 Reco wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 22, 2019 at 05:50:30PM +0200, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
> > > And this:
> >
> > Wow. This [1] one? The elder among us stand in awe. Oberon still
> > alive...
> >
> > > Looks rather unusual to me.
> >
> > Yes, but of historical significance. Kinda like someone running
> > her web server on a PDP-11 (no, no irony meant!).

I don't think so, the only pdp-11, I ever tangled with crashed a dozen
times a day so I refuse to even capitalize the model name. The factory
field techs changed everything in it but the frame rail with the serial
number, never fixed it.  After a couple years of that, I managed to
convince CBS to trade me their test mule, which worked fine. But that
left CBS w/o a test mule, so they couldn't even test software changes.
So they wound up buying all the affiliates new IBM's with an ARTIC card.
And that worked well as long as I didn't give it a phone line.  But
thats a different story...

> I'm a youngster compared to other people in this maillist. My first
> MUA was pine (not *al*pine) at late '90s. This one clearly predates
> it.
>
> Reco

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)