Re: Performance of mu in buster

juh [2019-07-20T19:44:47+02] wrote:

> I am very disappointed of mu in buster. In stretch I index nearly
> 300.000 emails with mu. Each time I index new mails in mu4e I had to
> wait 15 minutes until the indexing was complete. So I hoped that
> indexing with mu 1.2 would be much faster, but instead mu eats all my
> memory and indexes several hours, even for updating with new mail.
>
> Anyone experiencing the same?

I use Notmuch which uses libxapian and libgmime, just like Mu
(maildir-utils). Since the indexing and database backends are the same
you could try comparing Mu and Notmuch.

I have only about 35000 mails and with those Notmuch is really fast. The
initial indexing takes some minutes but after that everything is fast.

--
///  OpenPGP key: 4E1055DC84E9DFF613D78557719D69D324539450
//  https://keys.openpgp.org/search?q=tlikonen@iki.fi