Re: vectorids

> Hi
>
> Further to my previous e-mail
>
> trying to run vectoroids (asteroids clone) comes up with
>
> vectoroids
>
> Error: I could not initialize video!
> The Simple DirectMedia error that occurred was:
> Unable to open a console terminal
>
> This worked fine in Stretch, so has something has changed between
> upgrading ?  SDL seems to be causing quite a few issues
>

> Paul
>
> --
> Paul Sutton
> http://www.zleap.net
> gnupg : 7D6D B682 F351 8D08 1893  1E16 F086 5537 D066 302D
>
> https://fediverse.party/ - zleap@social.isurf.ca

I'm not a good reliable thread-respecting poster here on this list, but I
do want to upgrade to buster soon, and I use a lot of sdl apps.  This
could affect my upgrade, so I am interested in your issues.

I know about, but have not used 'apt-cache madison' variant, also there
is an 'rdepends' that might help you figure it out.

If it was me, I might fire up a live usb, install vectoroids on it, and
see if the error persists.  If not, you have a configuration or pkg-mgmt
issue.  If the error is present, then file the bug.

Good Luck,
bw