What program is capturing key press on root window of X?

cat /etc/os-release

  PRETTY_NAME="Debian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch)"
  NAME="Debian GNU/Linux"
  VERSION_ID="9"
  VERSION="9 (stretch)"
  ID=debian
  (running LXDE desktop)

Somewhere in the last few months my Debian OS has acquired an input
box on upper right of base window (in X) that appears to grab any key
presses aimed at the base window and print them in that small input
window.

Since I have run the `xbindkeys' program (An keybinding program that
takes its intput from key presses in base window and calls programs
thru a control script ~/.xbindkeys.scm), this new key grabbing program
that seems to run at startup is ruining that whole process.

I wasn't able to tell which program it is by examining the autostart
programs ... can anyone tell me what that is that is running so I can
turn it off?