Re: USB wireless dongle not detected

On Wed, 17 Jul 2019, Richard Hobson wrote:

...I use a USB dongle (StarTech) for practical reasons. I've previously used this in an installation of OpenSuse on the same machine and although it wasn't detected at install time it was on first boot and I was able to use the graphical configuration tool to set it up, ...

Perhaps openSUSE automatically loaded the required firmware, but Debian does not. Does dmesg have anything to say about StarTech firmware?

Roger