Re: HTML mail

On Thu, Jul 11, 2019 at 01:00:11PM -0600, Thomas D Dial wrote:
> On Thu, 2019-07-11 at 14:46 +0200, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:

[...]

> > My bank offers a standardized protocol based on public key
> > cryptography.

[...]

> > No browser involved.
>
> Can you name the bank? It has annoyed me for between 20 and 30 years
> that banks, generally, have avoided this obvious way to conduct business
> with their customers in favor of more vulnerable methods pushed by their
> enterprise IT suppliers.

Most probably it won't help you -- my guess is that we're at opposite
banks (heh) of the big pond. But FWIW, my bank is GLS bank [1] (which
specializes in ethical investment) and the mentined standard is
HBCI [2].

Cheers

[1] https://www.gls.de/privatkunden/
[2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HBCI