Re: [solved?] Can't Upgrade to Buster

On 7/7/19 6:59 AM, wrote:

root@martha:~# apt-get update
Get:1 http://deb.debian.org/debian buster InRelease [118 kB]
Get:2 http://security.debian.org/debian-security buster/updates InRelease [31.1 kB]
Get:3 http://security.debian.org buster/updates InRelease [31.1 kB]            Get:4 http://deb.debian.org/debian buster-updates InRelease [46.8 kB]          Hit:5 http://packages.microsoft.com/repos/vscode stable InRelease              Hit:6 https://repo.skype.com/deb stable InRelease                              Hit:7 https://packages.microsoft.com/debian/9/prod stretch InRelease           Hit:8 http://deb.debian.org/debian sid InRelease                    Hit:9 http://deb.debian.org/debian experimental InRelease
Ign:10 http://repo.vivaldi.com/stable/deb stable InRelease
Hit:11 http://repo.vivaldi.com/stable/deb stable Release
Ign:12 http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/stevenpusser/Debian_9.0  InRelease
Hit:14 http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/stevenpusser/Debian_9.0  Release
Reading package lists... Done
N: Repository 'http://deb.debian.org/debian buster InRelease' changed its 'Version' value from '' to '10.0'
E: Repository 'http://deb.debian.org/debian buster InRelease' changed its 'Suite' value from 'testing' to 'stable'
N: This must be accepted explicitly before updates for this repository can be applied. See apt-secure(8) manpage for details.
E: Repository 'http://security.debian.org/debian-security buster/updates InRelease' changed its 'Suite' value from 'testing' to 'stable'
E: Repository 'http://security.debian.org buster/updates InRelease' changed its 'Suite' value from 'testing' to 'stable'
E: Repository 'http://deb.debian.org/debian buster-updates InRelease' changed its 'Suite' value from 'testing-updates' to 'stable-updates'
N: This must be accepted explicitly before updates for this repository can be applied. See apt-secure(8) manpage for details.

For Buster its best to use apt update - then just answer y to accept the
change in repo status to stable

or

However if you want to use apt-get still, perform this command:

# apt-get --allow-releaseinfo-change update

> Running synaptic, I get:

> E: The value 'testing' is invalid for APT::Default-Release as such a
> release is not available in the sources
> E: _cache->open() failed, please report.

Well, I don't know what an official proper solution would be, but enabling bullseye in sources.list and running apt update seems to have done it. At least Synaptic runs without error, now.

Mark