Re: Disable Wired Ethernet at Boot

On Sat, 6 Jul 2019 13:23:49 -0700
Patrick Bartek <patrick.bartek@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi! All,
>
> It has become necessary to move this box to a different room where a
> wired ethernet connection is impractical.  So, I'm going wireless with
> it.  USB.  No problem with that, but . . .  What's the easiest way to
> prevent the wired ethernet (built-in on motherboard) from starting up?
> I was thinking of just commenting its stanza out
> of /etc/network/interfaces. Any other more practical (or proper) way
> that's 100% easily reversable?

Why do you need to disable it? If you don't plug it in, nothing will
happen. Just ignore it and do whatever you do for wifi.

If you still want to, one way is to remove the auto startup from the
interfaces file, either auto or allow-hotplug, whichever you have. If
you leave in the address details, you can start it manually when you
need to.

--
Joe