Re: not wanting to delete somebody's home directory

On Fri, Jul 05, 2019 at 12:16:46PM -0400, The Wanderer wrote:
> And what if some of the destination names already exist? That's the
> point of deleting the existing files, I'd imagine.

You're assuming too much.

Given the communication we've seen thus far, the most likely scenario is
"I have a code snippet that will rename all the files in a directory, so
now I just have to wipe out the directory first, then make the files,
then use this code snippet to rename them all."

If the desired destination files already exist, the only sane thing to
do is abort with an error message, unless the user used a force option.